Wednesday, October 4, 2017

birthdays and basting

 I had another birthday the other day it wasn't a big birthday actually bigger than last year by 1 but it wasn't a milestone birthday. We went to a birthday party for friends who were celebrating two milestones, 70 and 60.  Son stopped over and fixed an app on my phone because I couldn't get the code punched in in the allotted time and kept running out of do overs.  I punch things in with my index finger he uses his thumbs and was  done in a blink.  We went out for supper, the "A" thing sang Happy Birthday to me, hubby cooked lunch the next day.  I  got cards, emails, texts and phone calls.  It was a great weekend.  Earlier in the week a girlfriend sent a lovely scarf and the celebration continues when daughter and I leave for a trip in a few days.  I'll tell you about that when we get back.
I finally basted the last three quilts but couldn't machine quilt until I cleared the table.  I knew if I put all that fabric back in the closet it might be months or years before I got back to cutting pastel strips.  So I cut strips.  When I hit 78 for the pinwheel quilt I quit, stacked things up and put them back in the closet.  Then I put Dolly's Eclipse on the wall and started doodling with pencil and a really bad photo from the printer.  I need to do something special with the darkest star and the 4 yellow stars surrounding it because Dolly Jean was born the day of the eclipse.  More pondering to do --Ann--



No comments: