Monday, June 25, 2018

sweater finish




This sweater was fast to knit with sport weight yarn on size 6 needles or maybe I spent too much time in front of the tv recently but at least I was knitting and not with a bag of cheese curls, my orange fingers would have been lost in this yarn but I have a rule about eating and knitting.  I don't do them at the same time and neither do I eat when I watch tv.  Eating is done in the dining room or the kitchen not the living room or my sewing room.  That has always been the law at my house.  This is a cotton and linen yarn by Cascade called Hampton, the swatch went through the wash like everyday stuff no shrinkage!!  Scroll down to last knitting post for a link to the pattern.  I'm knitting the left over yarn into  a wash cloth so I will run it through the washer and dryer a couple more times before I start treating this like everyday clothes.  It feels so good I may never take it off along with my new skinny leg jeans.  A new sweater off the needles is more fun than cutting off the tags of ready made.  --Ann--

4 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

I love your sweaters! I wish I could knit. Love the color of this one, so pretty.

Deb said...

You are one speedy knitter! Love the color! Beautiful.

Sharon said...

That was fast and BEAUTIFUL!

Judy S. said...

Love it! You are way faster than I am.