Monday, August 29, 2022

Happy fingers

 


Knitting with this sock yarn and kid haze is a dream, I had the first little sweater knit just past the arms so I finished it as we drove across North Dakota. We left the corn and beans of eastern South Dakota for the wheat and sunflowers of the north central part of the state. Then more of the same in central North Dakota. We followed 1804 ( highway named for Lewis and Clark’s trip up the Missouri River in 1804.)  

Fields of sunflowers in bloom always give me a thrill but I have never gotten a good photo of them. The scenery changed to hills and hay bales and beef cattle. And more wheat fields and canola and into Saskatchewan, Canada. Then to start the next sweater on our way to Moose Jaw to pick up hubby’s moose head. More wheat, canola and lentils and a road that was flat and straight just like the land.

The return trip was much the same a few more wheat fields had been harvested and in the few days between the sunflowers began to droop, their glory faded with the waning summer.

Why didn’t I finish the first sweater completely before starting the second you ask? I like to knit on cable needles in the car, I’m afraid of loosing a double point needle in the car or worse outside the car. I’ll knit the sleeves at home.  Happy fingers when I like the feel of the yarn for happy knitting.  Ann

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Fields of sunflowers are so beautiful. I wish I could feel those beautiful sweaters! The yarn looks sooo soft.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

We can accomplish the most amazing things on car trips, can't we? The sweaters are absolutely precious (are they as super-soft as they look?) but that Moose head is impressive! Well done!