Friday, May 12, 2023

Hunters Star


 I didn’t write much about these blocks when I was sewing them. Thank you for the very nice comments so to clarify how the block goes together……The pattern is Hunters Star, I used the book Hunters Star and Beyond by Jan Krentz. The blocks are 8 inches finished. I’m a traditional piecer I do not like paper piecing. I cut 6 1/2 inch strips and used the Easy Angle tool to cut the large triangles  and the Companion Angle both by Darlene Zimmerman to cut the 2 inch narrow strips to the right size. The orange diamonds are also cut from 2 inch strips. I read the directions and then I cut and sew my way. The diamonds were sewn to the narrow navy strips, those 2 segments were sewn together then the large triangles were added. Easy. I also used a lot of spray starch to keep blocks square. I have plans to make another, my pile of navy never seems to get any shorter.  Do you ever look back at your own blog for instructions on how to do something? I do occasionally because how did I do that……Ann

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks so much for the details about how to make this block, Ann. On first view I thought it required y-seams, but I can see now that it doesn't. Your version with the orange stars makes a fabulous version. Thanks again.

Ramona said...

Thank you for the directions. I agree with Nancy…your version is stunning with the orange and navy.