Thursday, November 2, 2023

Reading list #4


  1. Thunder Bay by William Kent Krueger book #7 of the series always good. No longer available on kindle thank goodness the library has a hard copy. Patiently waiting for #8.
  2. The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick another great story by the author about reuniting with a family member, secrets, learning to love yourself. Delightful.
  3. In Farleigh Field by Rhys Bowen England WW2 spies, code breaking I like the Rose Code  by Kate Quinn much better.
  4. Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone by Diane Gabaldon I had to read it again after watching the latest season of Outlander since the series ended on a cliffhanger. There should be a 10th book and 8th season in the future.
  5. Red Knife by William Kent Krueger book #8 I couldn’t put it down.
  6. The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray for book club about the young woman who helped J.P. Morgan build his library of rare books and art.
  7. The Address by Fiona David New York end of the 19th century about the Dakota apartment building for the upperclass. A young woman from England is hired to be head housekeeper and immediately promoted to building manager “managerette” was her official title, she worked closely with the architect who is finishing the project, romance follows along with lots of twists. Also a modern day story well actually 1985 setting of a young woman getting out of rehab, trying to stay clean and sober, restart her interior design career and unravel her family roots. Very good!
  8. Homecoming by Kate Morton 500+ pages and I read it in 3 days. A mystery from 1959 is unraveled with lots of twists and turns. I figured some thing out and then surprise didn’t see that coming. The story takes place in Australia also a present day story of the granddaughter untangling the family history and reconciling with her mother.
  9. Heaven’s Keep by William Kent Krueger book #9 another page turner.
  10. Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus for book club very good
  11. Vermilion Drift by William Kent Krueger book #10 I’m going to be sad when I finish this series. It was a beautiful day so I sat outside and read.
  12. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke just for fun reads just like the hallmark series. 
  • I started reading Call My Name by Jenni Ogden the first chapter was about the main character being “late” and way too much information I’m of the generation that didn’t speak of such things except in euphemisms. We just put our big girl panties on and kept it private. Another book I read by Kate Clayborn, the main character whined for an entire chapter about her monthly cramps. That and bad language put both authors on my don’t bother reading list. Is this a trend with young writers? 

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow! I’ve read 7 books on your list. The series by Kent Krueger is so good. I was sad to see it end, too. And I agree about some of these new, young authors. I read one book by Colleen Hoover and won’t read another.

Judy S. said...

I love Kent Krueger's books, too. It was fun to see your list; there are some good books on it!