Thursday, December 7, 2023

Santa is working



 

I’m making these little dolls for my little granddaughters. Knitting them was simple enough the pattern is Chrystal by Mary Jane’s Tearoom.  The finish work is taking almost as long as the knitting or maybe because it’s a new bunch of skills required to finish the dolls. I watched a bunch of how to videos but in the end I followed Mary Jane’s written instructions. The pink legged doll was my test doll or maybe my “weirdo Barbie” the one with tattoos and a bad haircut or in this case bald, I did try looping yarn through the knitting but picked it out. Then I decided to sew her together so I could start knitting clothes. It’s nice to try them on as I knit and saves some ripping. I think this one turned out pretty cute. She has the wild curls just like Olivia. Ann

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cute, cute, cute. I'm sure your granddaughters will love these dolls. They are adorable! Your grands will also appreciate having a change of clothes for them.