Thursday, February 29, 2024

Corner stars


I thought you might like to see how I added the corner triangles to make the stars.
I cut the triangles using the "tri rec" ruler on 2 1/2 inch strips all facing up otherwise I would have had a right and a left triangle and my stars would have been turning both directions or have points going in odd directions.  I'm a creature of habit and need repetition and order so everything fits together in the end.
I cut a paper triangle to help me place the fabric triangle at the correct angle so when I flip it over the square corner matches the square corner of the background.








Sew a quarter inch seam

One is horizontal the other is vertical sorta!

Flip and press then sew the blocks together

I did more than a couple practice blocks to get the triangle the right size and angle then  aha!! I thought use the Tri Rec ruler  Perfect!

And after I trimmed the log cabin blocks with the triangles to 7 1/2 inches not all those little triangles are the same size.  Imagine that. 
Some star points are shorter and some are longer and it doesn't bother me.

Happy sewing --Ann--




3 comments:

Ramona said...

Not all stars are symetrical, so it's perfect! This is such a fun log cabin quilt. Great design!

Judy S. said...

Love that cardinal!

Sharon M said...

The gold corners 'make' your quilt.
Super idea!
Sharon M