Grandma duty this week yippee!! We made freezer jam with fresh raspberries from the local you pick. The berries were few and far between but I persevered and picked enough for one recipe of jam. (The berries were thick on the canes just not ripe another week or two…..) They helped wash the berries and crushed the berries and measured the sugar the added the sugar and stirred and stirred. Wait 10 minutes for the sugar to dissolve add the pectin and lemon juice and stir for 3 minutes then into the container and lick the bowl. Just that slick. I have been using the recipe in the pectin box forever and I do mean forever. It was my first 4-H demonstration when I was 9 but back then it was powdered pectin and had to be cooked for a minute or two but still super easy. —Ann—








No comments:
Post a Comment