Monday, July 22, 2019

Sizzling colors and scraps

The days have been hot and humid or overcast and I need some bright cheery fabrics.  I used scraps from previous quilts.  The only full width of fabric that I cut was for the background and one strip for pinwheels.  Sadly I used most of my black and white fabrics and when I was in the fabric store for batting I didn't see any that were more white than black,  they are gone.  But there were lots of boring grays. I think gray would suck the life out of these brights.  Did you guess I don't like gray?  My next quilt with bright prints may have a plain white background.  The bag of scraps is smaller but there is a new bag of scraps inside that bag with the leftovers, 1 1/2 inch squares, 2 inch squares, 3 3/4 inch triangles and 5 inch triangles and a note about 9 patches, 4 patches and pinwheels--my seed bag for the next quilt.  Enjoying bright blue sky and cooler temps today.  --Ann--
Linking to Em's Scrapbag



3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Lovely~ it's bright and light at the same time; a super cheerful quilt! Well done!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh now that is adorable!! I love all the colors in it!!

Ramona said...

I just love your design and might have to bust out some scraps and make one like it. The pinwheels are perfect in the lime green.