Monday, October 14, 2019

Then the weather changed

Three days of sunshine and blue sky!  I sat outside on the deck and read, I love the October sun, the rays are low in the sky and don’t burn my fair northern European complexion. Every day the trees are a little redder and one by one the leaves flutter to the ground.
 And then the weather changed, the temperature dropped and suddenly the ash trees turned yellow almost overnight and shed their leaves in mass. I went downstairs to figure out my next project, look at my books, look at my stacks of fabric, look at the books again, look through the file folders, choose some fabrics and start ironing, check measurements, make supper. Woke up to snow on the rooftops not enough to cover the grass another great day to spend in the sewing room.  Look at all the possibilities again and change direction, iron a different pile of fabrics, start cutting, look at the recipe for this quilt, figure out how many strips I actually need, write numbers down, continue cutting, wind a couple balls of yarn, sort through knitting patterns, group scarf and wrap patterns together, pull out patterns for red sweater,  separate my strips into lights and darks, count how many of each, time for coffee, cut more...........


Finally start sewing on new quilt blocks, I still need to cut more light strips but I needed to sew.  Does anyone else work like that?  The snow is gone!  Its a great day to sew.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Ah, yes-- the goings on and decision-making process that all quiltmakers certainly are familiar with! Your weather certainly did change-- BIG time! Enjoy~

Ramona said...

My problem is that I have too many ideas swirling around in my head and want to start everything at once. The decision making process is a fun one... so many possibilities!
It's too early for snow!!