Monday, October 25, 2021

Cat days

 

The days were glorious last week down right chilly in the morning by after lunch time it was another pretend I'm  a cat and do next to nothing on the deck. The sun felt so good it made me want to peal a layer of clothes off then there would be a hint of a breeze that made me glad I didn’t.  I did take a book out to read and some knitting one day.   Mittens for DD and a stocking cap, fingering held double my color repeats match up pretty close on the balls of yarn creating the pools of color.  This is yarn I bought in Montana last summer and that is the best color pom pom I could find in  alpaca.  It is so soft. The synthetics just made me cringe, I'll admit I'm a fiber snob.  I love natural fibers.  Yesterday was grey all day and every gust of wind took more than a few leaves off the trees.  Its time to start wearing sweaters and wool.   The socks were meant to be knit cuff down with a Wool and the Gang yarn that was dyed to make the spots if the gauge was right.  I'm a toe up knitter so those stripes by the toe were to check your gauge and should be in the cuff, I'm right on.  The wide blue section was for the forgotten heel of the cuff down which I have never done but I think it could be done toe up, anyway it hit the gusset and the heel for me it just interupted the gold and spots but they are on my feet under my jeans  does it really matter?!? and the yarn was on sale. --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I love your mittens! What pattern did you use? Cozy socks, too. We've had fall like weather here and I'm enjoying it.