Wednesday, October 13, 2021

New girl in the sewing room

 I bought a new sewing machine a couple weeks ago because my 175QE Bernina of 22 years died a whithering death.  I tried to turn her on and all I got was a weak pulse of light on the control panel followed by the smell of something hot in the electronics.  The part that fizzled and burned is no longer made so what could I do but buy a new machine.  Another Bernina this time the 475QE  I haven't taken the mastery courses from the shop but I will in the coming weeks.  I have watched a few of the youtube videos the shop makes, like the one on how to thread and put the bobbin in because it is so different from the other Berninas because it has a bigger bobbin!!!!  I have been playing with the machine and trying all the stitiches


Then I was so intent on finishing just one thing that day I forgot to take a photo  of the whole piece of fabric that I spend days stitching and I do mean days.  I used my dresden plate wedges to cut the panels for the trees some have three panels the one on the far right has four. I think I need to sew one seam up and the next one down for straighter trees.

I cut about a 7 inch strip off and extended the wedge to a triangle point for the trees, there was no waste except a little bit on each end.  These trees will find a place between my collection of Santas in a few weeks.  Learning something new --Ann--

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You're SEW smart! You'll already have a leg up when you begin your mastery classes. The trees are WONDERFUL! Congratulations on your purchase, I hope you'll have many, many happy years together.

cityquilter grace said...

my condolences....very cute trees!