Monday, November 15, 2021

A proper cup


Sometimes I just need to have my morning coffee in a proper cup and saucer.  Why have pretty dishes if I don't use them!?!?  First snow on the ground late Thursday night and Friday.  The wind finally gave up on Saturday.  Hubby was off hunting again.  DD didn't come because of ice packed and slippery roads.  The snow melted and froze on every horizontal surface long before the ground turned white.  So turned out to be a very quiet restful weekend for me, knitting and binge watching Gilmore Girls which made me miss mother / daughter time even more. It's a very good series and not what I was expecting.  Then the sun came out and the snow melted.  --Ann--

There's the same tree from previous post that was so glorious two weeks ago now completely bare.



2 comments:

Ramona said...

I agree with you on using our pretty things! I'm sorry your daughter couldn't make it to be with you. Those times spent together become more and more precious.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I agree with you about a proper cup and saucer; I, too, love dishes and have a lovely collection of china cups and saucers that I've fallen heir to. They should be used and appreciated. Why, then, do I always reach for a stoneware mug? Your weekend sounds idyllic.