Tuesday, November 16, 2021

off the needles


 Sweater finish and blocked.  The yarn is Iron Horse which is 75% Merino and 25% silk fingering.  I bought it at the Polka Dot Sheep in Montana last summer the color is Crystal Park.  It was wonderful to handle so soft and it feels even better on I may never take it off.  The pattern is Anker's Sweater by PetitKnit. I knit it on size 7 needles.  I started this pattern last summer using 2 strands of fingering of leftover yarns on smaller needles like the pattern said and it was going to be uncomfortably snug.  So I ripped and put the yarn and the pattern away. Then I started this yarn with a different pattern and did not like the fit so I revisited this pattern since the gauge was right I also went up a size, it was only 4 more cast on stitches, and love it.  Now to concentrate on the Christmas knitting.  --Ann--

No comments: