Friday, October 21, 2022

A little stash enhancement

 

Once upon a time my yarn stash like my quilt fabric stash all fit in one box,  seperate of course fabric in one box yarn another and then it grew a life of its own. Being a person who likes to be somewhat organized I seperated my yarn into more boxes, one for felting, another for sock yarn, worsted and bulky together  since I don't have much bulky and the leftovers are in another basket. Sock yarn bits in yet another box and also a small basket of just green yarns for knitting more Christmas trees. Balls and skeins for sweaters are each in seperate bags in the boxes so I can find exactly how much I have for a particular sweater because you can't always find the same color or dye lot if you run short.

Some birthday treats for me the last couple weeks.  I heard the yarn at the ag museum calling to me.  They have locally grown and spun alpaca yarn (the long brown skeins on top) and yarn from a company in Nebraska (4 balls to right of alpaca) very nice yarns and so fun to pet the yarn before purchasing. It was 20% off who can pass on a sale!?!  The other yarn I ordered some was discounted and if you order enough they give you a discount what a deal! Yarn for a cotton sweater and more sock yarn.

Knitters and quilters are such tactile people we buy it because we like the way it feels in our hands.  That makes the process of creating so much more enjoyable.  Be a fiber snob.  --Ann--

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

beautiful yarns....i can knit but no time to as quilting is my number one diversion...i did make a rule tho to NOT buy fabric just because it's beautiful...LOL