Friday, June 9, 2023

Creative week


Hubby was off fishing for the week, I had a week of unlimited creative time. I moved the watercolors and a bunch of other creative resources to the dining room table ( I can eat my meals anywhere) the light was better there. I continued work on my little travel sketchbook. The second day of the trip it was raining so hard we stayed in the hotel since plans changed. No excuses not to sketch……I had enough photos on my camera and phone I had a starting point. The first few sketches were done in Italy and not in any particular order as the computer does its own thing when uploading….

 

My sketching improved with practice and my colors are brighter with my larger paint palette. I also got out my old Artist Sketchbook magazines and reread some inspiring articles and “how to” articles. I was trying to capture the gloominess of the weather we were experiencing some sketches are better than others and the really bad sketches didn’t make the post. But it’s okay to do a bad sketch I gave myself permission to make bad art and a couple days later it doesn’t look as bad. I also sent the inner critic out the door.  








I need to improve my workspace downstairs so I spend a little time everyday sketching.  Ann

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Nice work! I never knew that you did sketching, too. It looks like you had a really nice trip!