Tuesday, June 13, 2023

photo storage

I spent a lot of time last week going through photos on my computer.  I received notice that photo stream on my mac was coming to an end, I would need to move things to the cloud that meant buying more storage space.  Do I really need to save all those photos of quilts step by step of progression expecially since I posted the best pics on my blog?  Delete! or how about the group photos someone else took of our family and just held the button down 36 pics of my son getting his dog in position for the pic, it would have made a cute flip book if I printed all those pics and stapled them together.  Delete some more.  Just about all the photos that DD has shared with me were in duplicate or triplicate.  Then there were travel pics some have been made into photo books others in all honesty my kids will probably toss someday because they are not their memories. Some of the pics have been made into the annual calendar they get every year for Christmas and that is probably enough for them.  I think the kids have saved them if not they will find my pile someday.  I worked at it off and on until I had a knot in my shoulder.  How does clicking a mouse cause so much stress? 6000 some fewer photos in storage!!  I moved a lot of photos to shu....fly for the next calendar and photo books for the little girls just in case I didn't do things right and I still have them on the camera card.  Now how do I delete photos from the cloud in the future??  Just another of life's little conundrums.  Ann

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I was just thinking that I need to do the same thing with my photos. I haven't run out of space, but just so that I'm more organized. What photo software do you use? (I'm not sure if you have my new email address.... rsneifeld11 at g mail