Friday, October 6, 2023

The weather changed



 The weather changed here from the end of summer (was reading on the deck one of those lovely days and later noticed a slight sunburn on my neck) to almost winter.  I put on my heavy denim jeans today instead of my skinny light weight jeans and wool socks and wool sweater, I haven't turn on the furnace yet. The wind is from the northwest and is cold.  The yellow leaves are being torn from the locust tree the green leaves are hanging on for dear life as are all the other leaves that haven't changed color. My cozy woolens feel good.  Last week when it was so hot as in AC still running I sewed borders on the square in a square quilt.  Its getting to be quilting weather now I just need to stay home and get something done.  Maybe next week.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

The weather has been crazy this year! The cold hits us tomorrow morning. It will be in the 40's after being in the 80's all week. You are right... good quilting weather! On our way to see our littles for the weekend. :)