Monday, January 22, 2024

Design wall


 Over the weekend I put a few of these log cabin blocks on the design wall to audition fabrics for corner triangles. I’m going with the bright gold on upper left mostly because I have enough fabric.
A girlfriend is making a baby quilt at my house, I’m letting her pick fabrics from my stash because it’s been enchanted by some magical force and never seems to get any smaller no matter how many quilts I sew.  We are both having fun as she chooses and cuts the squares and triangles and arranges them on the wall. Maybe she will start sewing this week.

While she cuts I have been sewing triangles on the hexagons for eye spy quilts for my little granddaughters. I think I have doubled the number of hexagons since November when I started putting them on the design wall.  These will wait until her quilt top is together. I’ve got gold triangles to sew to the log cabin blocks this week.  Thankfully not as many meetings and activities ahead.
Staying warm in the sewing room. Ann


2 comments:

Ramona said...

I love your yellow cornerstones on the log cabin blocks. They will let a lot of light into the quilt. How fun to be helping a friend make a quilt!

Judy S. said...

Looks like you're keeping busy with some nice projects. I can relate about your stash never getting smaller as I have that same problem with yarn and fabric!