Thursday, December 26, 2019

It was just a whisper



It was just a whisper at first, from the day it came in the mail, "knit me."  I can't start it until............ decorations are hung, presents are wrapped, cookies are baked, etc. etc. It called to me every time I went down stairs, "wind me, knit me."  I would pet it then walk away to finish some other task. Then it called a little louder so I wound it into balls.  Soon, very soon I would start knitting.  The anticipation.... I felt like a little kid waiting for Christmas.  Over the weekend the calling got louder, I could hear it hollering from downstairs  so I knit the swatch.  It kept prodding me to cast on and enchanted my needles...... The pattern is Fall River by Jennifer Wood.
--Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

It's going to be gorgeous! I love your yarn and can understand why you had to fight not to start knitting. Enjoy!