Thursday, December 12, 2019

more little trees


 More little trees I've learned a lot knitting these little trees, I need a firm gauge so the trees stand up. The tall green and red yarn is sock weight  which was a pair of socks but it is 100% merino so I wore through the heel. The yarn was too expensive to toss and the beauty of yarn is you can rip and reknit, no one knows but you.  For socks use a blend with 10-25% nylon for strength and washability.  I knit the tree on 2.5 needles a smaller needle the tree might have stood up without a paper cone inside.  The short tree of the same yarn was knit on 1.0 needles.  The yellow green tree was single ply sock yarn, if I make another tree from that yarn I will use 2 strands.  The grey with blue and green in the yarn is a single stand in a mock cable.  Sometimes the color changes do not enhance the stitch pattern but you don't know until you try it.  I like the knit purl band tree because I can quit when the tree is tall enough or I run out of yarn. The ugly trees will find a spot behind the Christmas stuff.  Just a few more inches on the last pair of socks for Christmas.  Did I miss any k's?  Sometimes when writing about knitting I type kneedles and kneed, sometimes spellcheck corrects it and sometimes it doesn't.  --Ann--

No comments: