Monday, June 8, 2020

Design wall

New parts on the design wall  Butterfly Threads has a tutorial for this pattern.  I thought it would be a great way to use my stack of 100 or so fat quarters that I dyed 15 or 20 years ago.  I've used 10 in this.  Darling daughter will eventually get this because she loves the bright colors.  We thought it needed some sashing, she like the white background polka dot and I prefer the black.  Do you call polka dot fabric by the color of the polka dots or by the color of the background?  I have 2 yards of the white background but need to go on a shopping mission for a black background fabric. What do you think for sashing? This makes me think of an astrik but then the younger generation calls it a splat.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Wow! What fun blocks! It was a bit of a shock to see these bright blocks on your blog. :) I like the white with black polka dots better, only because my eye goes right to the black with white. The white with black blends in more. It's going to be a fun and cheerful quilt!