Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Footies




























At last I found a pattern that is easy to knit and fits!!!!  
And after excercising my brain for a bit I figured out how to knit them 2 at a time. The number of rows are exactly the same as is the tension of the knitting.  Have you ever noticed that your frame of mind can affect the tension of the stitches? Stressed or angry tight stitches,  relaxed and happy relaxed stitches, glass or two of wine loosey goosey stitches.  The pastel are a cotton yarn and the trial pair, the fit is less than perfect. I have to slip my foot into my shoe as I slip into the sock and I needed pom poms to keep them up. Then I used wool and I followed the instructions much more carefully, like needle size using a size 1 or 1.5 for the foot and switching to size 0 for the ribbing and moving those 4 stitches from the top to the sole when the toe stitches are placed on a holder.  I decreased a few stitches in the ribbing so they are snug and stay on my feet without shoes. Last summer or the summer before I knit a pair with another pattern one fit and the other did not so I started over with this pattern.  Isn't that the great thing about yarn it can be ripped so easily and without stress.   Happy toes  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I just printed the pattern for these footies. You've been busy if you've made all of these recently! Love them all. Thank you for sharing the pattern link.