Monday, January 25, 2021

off the needles

 




Just finished this sweater after knitting the left sleeve 3 times and the neck 3 times also.  But the second sleeve was knit and off the needles without a hitch.  The sleeve was to wide, the sleeve was too wide and the sleeve was too wide.  Its perfect now.  As for the neck I usually knit that too loose so I wear it once then re do the neck this time I wasn't going to do that so I knit the ribbing on much smaller needles and decreased more than a few stitches.  Bad move the neck was too tight.  Do over still too tight, I could get both over my head but would have been very snug with a shirt underneath.  Do it again this time picking up the patterns suggestion for stitch numbers and only decreasing to a multiple of 4 for the ribbing still on the smaller needles.  Perfect. When I spend 80 - 100 $ on yarn for a sweater I want to be able to wear it with pride.  Oh I have spent much less on sweater yarn but after one season of wear they looked like something the cat drug in,  good yarn is worth every penny.  Planning the next one.  --Ann--

4 comments:

Ramona said...

Beautiful! I love the cable down the front. I also love seeing your quilts behind you. :)

Beth said...

Beautiful. Love the cable and the color.

Judy S. said...

I should have read this post first! What a lovely sweater; that's a gorgeous cable. It looks nice a warm, too.

Raewyn said...

The neck and the sleeves look perfect - gorgeous sweater - love the blue and the cabling!