Tuesday, March 30, 2021

The list

 



Last week I started a list of all the things I wanted to do today because hubby is away for the day.  My scatter brain likes to have several things going at once and it always involves a mess that extends beyond the sewing room.  Sometimes it nice to get away from that mess.  Then the list became the I need to get all this done before the kids come this weekend list and became a little overwhelming.  Start small just to get something crossed off the list.  Like put away my winter boots.  Done! Make that phone call to change the day done! Bring the ball winder upstairs and wind a ball of yarn, done! Hang quilts. Break the hook off the stick on hanger.  Take off all the hooks and pound nails in the wall.  I broke a hook last time I changed quilts too.  Fold the quilts and put them on the shelf. Refold all the quilts so I can get more on each shelf, cover with a tea towel so they don't fade, add that to the list. Done!  Take some pictures, write a couple blogposts and schedule. Done.  That makes 5 dones and one check for partially done!
That little hammer was my grandmas. I put the teaspoon beside it so you can see how small it is.  It doesn't pull my pants off when I crawl up a ladder.  Grandma had it with a small piece of partical board that was soft and crumbly that I could hammer little wooden pieces to. The wood pieces were varying sizes of  triangles, squares, long rectangles, short rectangles and circles so I could make a picture.

happy memories.  --Ann--  back to the list.

1 comment:

Ramona said...

You are on a roll! I am living by lists right now. We are nearing the end of this move. Movers come on Friday. Woohoo!! Then the unpacking begins. More lists. :)