Thursday, April 15, 2021

another finish

 


I made this quilt to replace one I made a couple decades ago its hubby's favorite because its homespun and after it is washed and through the dryer a few times it has a very soft drape to it.  One day after washing the old quilt I noticed a hole in the back. It apparently got caught in the joint of the footrest hardware of the recliner, someone fixed the tear with super glue.  That's someones fix for almost everything.
I have been finishing a lot of things lately more so than starting.  I have changed I used to start things lots of things and not finish them for a very long time.  I can still find some unfinished projects in the Hall of CRAP. Why the change I wonder.........especially with quilts?  Part of the fun was emptying a new bag of fabrics fresh from the store and I usually had a pattern in mind when I purchased the fabric.  Now the decision is round about when I work from my stash I look at the fabrics then think of a pattern then look at my books and think of a different fabric eventually the pattern and fabrics come to an agreement and I get to work.  I need to get started on graduation quilts but this one was sitting at the machine and I just couldn't get my head around starting a new quilt until this was finished. I had pulled out fabrics but didnt want to cut until this was finished, I even had to finish the binding before starting the next. Now I'm ready to start something new.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Great new quilt. I really like the pattern you used, perfect for homespuns. Thanks for the laugh, didn't know quilts could be repaired with super glue, I'll have to remember that. ;o)

Ramona said...

Beautiful finish! I think we get the the point where we have to use what we have and move things out. I’m not close to the point of sewing yet, but have been thinking about what I want to make. After moving boxes of fabric, I need to use what I have!