Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Every row gets longer, longer

I'm knitting shawls for an October wedding.  I'm using Valley Southhampton kid mohair and mulberry silk yarn.  It's just the garter stitch because its squishier and creates more volume than the stockinette stitch. That description would only make sense to a knitter. The yarn is so light and airy that it can be hard to hang onto with size 6 needles.  I've just started the second ball of yarn it feels like a whisper or an ethereal mist.  This just reinforces my feelings to only knit with yarn that you like the feel of in your hand.  If you don't like the way it feels while working on it you won't want to finish it or wear it.  It also sheds like having a white cat on my lap or a small mohair / angora goat.  But it feels so nice.
Our snow piles are getting smaller everyday, they even look like they are tired of winter.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Your knitting looks like a cloud! I'm sure it feels wonderful in your hand. Glad your snow is disappearing. Thank you for your blog comment! I'll keep plugging away on these triangles and try to get them all in the right order! Happy Wednesday. :)