Monday, March 4, 2019

knitting progress

 The weather has been good for knitting.  Last Friday I watched the snow flutter to the ground okay it was a long way from the ground because the ground has been covered with a couple feet of snow since January.  It fluttered and landed on the existing 3 to 10 feet of snow.   I finished the sleeves of the Hitofude cardigan.  As I was knitting the ribbing it looked like a pair of pants for Tweedledum.  Now I'm working on the lace pattern for the body of the sweater.  Just follow the directions one step at a time and it all makes sense and yes you do kfb a whole bunch of times for the front sections.  I finished the alpaca blend socks, so cozy!! and a slouch stocking cap, that was my airport knitting the week before last.  I had big plans to baste quilts last week and not enough batting to do all the quilt tops but now the backings are ready and the way the weather has been I won't get batting until we go to the basketball tournament this coming weekend.  Staying warm and watching the snow blow today.  If winter weren't to harsh here we wouldn't appreciate the warmth and flowers of spring the way we do.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Rose said...

I love the colors in all projects, but especially the blue in that first.