Monday, January 13, 2020

organizing my head

Yesterday I went to my sewing room and just looked at the mess for a while.  The day before that I looked at the mess then knit a few rows and thought about my plan of attack and went back upstairs.
First I had to sew a label for a quilt but then I thought maybe I would like to make a new baby quilt instead of the one that is finished that I really do like so I got out the western and cowboy fabrics lots of leftovers from all those boy quilts I made.  Look at pictures of those quilts to help me decide what to make...........look through all the pictures.......maybe a sailboat quilt would be quicker,  pull out the bright fabrics I need 4 or 9 fat quarters for the boats,  sashing and border fabric if I only sew 4 sailboats.  Most of the bright fabrics have been cut so there are very few full fat quarters............spot the background fabrics from the finished quilt.  I could make another one just like it because I really like that quilt. I felt like I had accomplished a lot at this point even though I had nothing to show for it except more fabric on the table.
Still didn't get the label sewn but I did get the table cleared and cut the sashing for this quilt which has been on the design wall since November.  Tomorrow I will blow the dust off the sewing machine and sew.  I feel like my head is organized for 2020.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Organization is so good for the soul~ and for the completion of UFOs too! Ask me how I know? Love, love, love your scrappies, they're happy and cheerful!!

Ramona said...

We all need to stop and look at where we want to go. I don't do that often enough and end up going in a bunch of different directions at once. Anything you start is going to be wonderful. Love your quilts in this post. Thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog. :)