Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year 2021 Reading List #6 2020

 

  1. The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes takes place in Kentucky the late1930’s about the packhorse library delivering books to the back country also a love story.
  2. The Mapping of Love and Death by Jacqueline Winspear book #7 of Maisie Dobbs series.
  3. A Lesson in Secrets by Jacqueline Winspear book #8 of Maisie Dobbs. An eye opener for what was going on in Europe and Great Britain between WW 1 and 2.
  4. The Beekeepers’s Promise by Fiona Valpy WW2 German occupation of France and contemporary story about a young woman recovering from a serious injury.
  5. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion could have been the inspiration for The Big Bang Theory the story is set in Australia about a brilliant geneticist who is lacking in social skills has decided to start dating. Very funny.
  6. Love Among the Recipes by Carol Cram middle aged woman travels to France alone to write a cookbook/ travel book.
  7. The Lost Girl in Paris by Diney Costeloe Franco Prussian war 1871 about a young girl surviving the siege of Paris. A bit of history that I knew nothing about, interesting story but there are other books by this author that I enjoyed more.
  8. Window on the Bay by Debbie Macomber romantic fluff
  9. The Snow Bride by Debbie Macomber more romantic fluff
  10. Whitethorn Woods by Marve Binchy a rather convoluted story about a new road going through a town and woods with a religious shrine. Some of the characters and their stories came full circle and connected others lacked a purpose in the grand scheme of the story.
  11. The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes German occupation of France during WWI and a painting and contemporary story about finding the painting and who should have ownership.   Great story!
  12. The Lottery and other stories by Shirley Jackson short stories 
73 books this year.  I read one more book than last year!  Time well spent. 
Happy New Year --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

I haven't read any of these book and will have to add a couple to my list. I have really enjoyed audio books this year and listen to them while I sew or while I'm in the family room in the evening while my husband watches tv. In addition, I always have at least one book that I'm reading. Happy New Year!!

Judy S. said...

I'll have to check out the books by Jojo Moyes; I enjoyed a few of her other titles. Happy New Year to you and your family, and thanks for the reminder to count up the books I've read this year!