Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Splats

 

Backside of the quilt, this quilt has been done for months I just haven't made the label because I need to sit down and read the manual and learn how to do it or spend a couple hours at the sewing shop and pay for a lesson.  DD picked out the backing and the colors are perfect for the quilt.  It compliments the hand dyed and black and white batik fabrics so well.  I dyed the fabrics close to 20 years ago they have been aging in my closet waiting for the perfect project, and who more appreciative than darling daughter. 

The pattern is Twirla  by Butterfly Threads Quilting.com.  It was fun to sew.....very clear instructions.  I barely put a dent in my stack of hand dyed fabrics,  I must have dyed 20 yards of fabric.

One of these days I will learn how to punch in the letters and store them in memory in my sewing machine and get the label done and send it home with DD.   Until then I'm going to put it on the bed where she sleeps when she comes for a visit. I'll enjoy it every time I walk past her room.



I just swung an arc from point to point in each block.  The seams made for an awkward intersection in the middle of the block so I did a little daisy flower in the center of each asterisk, splat isn't that what the younger generation calls them?!?

--Ann--



1 comment:

Ramona said...

It's so much fun when you find the perfect backing for a quilt. Love your finish!