Wednesday, August 18, 2021

on the needles

 

I started this sweater after DD and I got home from our trip to Montana,  my Olympic knitting project.  The yarn is cotton called Paradigm Shift each ball has 577 yards of yarn as you can see the color shifts are long.  The first ball of yarn went from the neck to where I stopped on the bodice.  I knit that ball from the outside.  I pulled yarn from the inside of the ball for the sleeve I wanted the color to look like a continuation of the body I feel I succeeded with that.  I pulled from the center of the 3rd ball for the other sleeve.  The color is much the same.  Yipee! Matching sleeves.  The first sleeve was completed the last day of the Olympics.  I will pick up the remainder of the second ball of yarn for the rest of the sweater then on to the remainder of the third.  Just have to wait and see what happens with the color. The pattern is After the Rain by Heidi Kirmaier she changed yarns for the stripes, I'm letting the yarn to the color work.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh my, I just love these colors! Cannot wait to see it completed.