Monday, August 9, 2021

Wool gathering


I took a week off from blogging for no particular reason other than maybe it was cool enough to sit outside so I did and maybe I was wool gathering.   I always associated that phrase “wool gathering “ with daydreaming but when I see the wool caught in the trees it makes sense.
The mountain goats shed their coats by rubbing under trees, it would have taken a long walk to find enough wool for socks.   Send the small children out with a bag and collect the wool from shrubs, trees and fences, a good time to daydream.  My wool gathering is adding to the stash.


Local hand dyed yarn from a shop in Kalispell

  

We visited Whitefish again to see the Conrad Mansion (that post tomorrow) and found the Polka Dot Sheep Yarn shop.  The owner dyes the yarn and it was beautiful so difficult to choose.  Yarn for a sweater for me and a stocking cap and mittens for daughter.  I bought so much yarn I got a free mug.  We flatlanders were exhausted after 2 days of hiking so needed a day of art shops, museums, mansions and yarn shops and a sit down meal.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I've never heard of wool gathering before! Thank you for the fun story. Your yarn is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your creations with it.