Tuesday, June 28, 2016
(click) to Grandmas quilt frame. Next a couple days of power sewing! Ready to roar --Ann--
Monday, June 27, 2016
Thursday, June 23, 2016
click) and I still have lots left, then sewed log cabin strips around each. I was not particularly careful about measuring the center piece so the strips were cut wider than they needed to be then the blocks were trimmed to 12 1/2 inches. This was super fast to sew and most of the fabrics were fairly new to my stash. It was fun to sew. --Ann--
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
1. Not buying fabric unless I needed it to finish a project or sometimes I needed it to start a project. I bend that rule frequently.
2. Knit only wearables because as a quilter I do not need to knit blankets. I have really stuck to that one. Good thing we need clean socks everyday except in summer when why bother.
3. Has been the most challenging is no new things could go in the closet unless I got rid of something of equal size or larger. That has kept me from collecting more art supplies, it has only been bent for yarn and if I put it in a vacuum sealed bag the yarn doesn't take up any space at all. Haven't really done that but its a thought. Then I couldn't pet my yarn.
4. Spend more time on the elliptical reading; I go faster if I watch something instead of read so I am caught up on the final season of Downton Abbey and a few other prime series like Poldark and Bleak House and now Doctor Thorn.
5. New rule no more canning things so I got rid of all that stuff and I haven't canned anything in years my little garden doesn't produce enough and I hate putting all that steam in the house when the AC is running just to keep up with an ordinary hot day in August. And the new house has a very small yard with no garden.
Sometimes rules make life a little easier and so does my notebook I'll start a new notebook with the new house. --Ann--
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
I must sew 3 baby quilts before we move the end of August. This is more of a toddler play quilt for a little boy than a baby quilt. I can just see him looking for the tractors that match then driving over the tractors with his tractors and trucks. Or putting off nap time by playing I Spy with My Little Eye and searching for the black cow and the rooster then the pheasant. I just pulled out some bundles of scraps from earlier quilts and sewed and flipped and sewed some more. Then trimmed them all to 12 1/2 inches and sewed them some more. The sweet hum of my sewing machine --Ann--
Friday, June 17, 2016
click). I may be making this pattern again.
Linking to Judy's OTN --Ann--