I finished putting this together with our first snow over a week ago. I'm ready for some brighter colors. --Ann--
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Thursday, November 24, 2016
Friday, November 18, 2016
Iceland today, it feels so good. I finished another Baa-ble stocking hat and my reading mitts so I started a scarf to match the pattern is Different Breeze. I will knit until I run out of yarn. Its a good day to knit. Linking to Judy's OTN --Ann--
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Another glorious sunny day here in South Dakota, I have met my 10,000 step goal almost everyday since the beginning of November. There is an established neighborhood not far from my house that has sidewalks that wander through the neighborhood backyards instead of in front of the houses, in fact there are no sidewalks in front of the houses. There are 2 places where the sidewalk goes under the street. Its almost like walking through a park, well there is a park with a playground and a pond and lots of trees and beautifully manicured yards. The serenity of walking a path with grass on both sides and not a narrow strip of grass followed by an asphalt street. Anyway I walked one of the paths from the other direction I hate to get in a rut and always walk the same route except in the grocery store when it saves time to go the same direction all the time until they rearrange the aisles. Walking the other direction I saw some beautiful red roses blooming! in November!. Another day I walked on the streets and saw some snapdragons in bloom! in November! There are a few leaves still clinging to the trees, the carpet of leaves has been raked or more accurately pulverized with a mower and bagged. The photo is from my file because I didn't take my camera along because I prefer to walk without any baggage which is also why I have no interest in taking up golf. Walking without baggage. --Ann--
Friday, November 11, 2016
I finished the sweater over the weekend and love the way it feels, I may be ordering more of Mrs. Crosby's Train Case yarn. It is always interesting how the colors pool together in a variegated skein of yarn, the yoke has subtle stripes and the sleeves have no stripes just texture then the body of the sweater has definite stripes and look how they changed when I decreased or increased for the waist.
Socks for son are coming along. I had him try them on and they fit just right. He asked me something about the socks for his brother so I showed him those socks which have 2 x 2 ribbing because he has skinny chicken legs the 2 x 2 ribbing makes them stay up. Then I said to oldest son that he has turkey legs, domestic turkey legs. He laughed and laughed as he likes hunting wild turkeys. There is a huge difference between domestic and wild turkey legs, wild turkey legs hang over the edge of the roaster and have all those tendons which are as tough as bones and a bugger to separate from the meat.jacket has melted into the purples.
Monday, November 7, 2016
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes tear jerker have not seen the movie
- A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick quilt shop story
- The Guest Book by Marybeth Whalen light romance
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Ann Bronte a classic which I read when I was in my 20's didn't love the book as much this time
- At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier loosely about Johnny Appleseed and the giant redwoods and sequoias of California
- Ross Poldark: A Novel of Cornwall, 1783-1787 (The Poldark Saga) by Winston Graham
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman for book club everyone loved this book!
- Between Heaven and Texas by Marie Bostwick quilt shop story
- Demelza by Winston Graham continuation of the Poldark Saga
- Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon book 4 of Outlander series
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown about 1936 Olympic rowing team really good!!
- After You by Jojo Moyes continuation of above book
- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrick Backman
- The Last Woman Standing by Thelma Adams about Wyatt Earps woman
- When I'm Gone by Emily Bleeker tear jerker
- In Praise of Bees by Kristin Gleeson takes place in Ireland in 6th or 7th century love story and early Christianity
Friday, November 4, 2016
A new jacket is always a good excuse to buy yarn because every jacket should have a pair of gloves or reading mitts in the pocket. And maybe there will be enough yarn for a narrow scarf.
The yarn feels wonderful but then Malabrigo always does!
I also bought yarn, Cascade super wash aran weight, for stocking caps and thought it was time to learn something new like knitting with more than one color, real fair isle rather than self striping yarn that sometimes looks like fair isle in spots. I cast on while watching movies with DD last weekend and it was not difficult at all....... the pattern is Baa-ble on Ravelry.