Tuesday, May 30, 2017

New reading list and a week away


    Hubby and I spent last week at our son's home,  he had to go to a meeting so we took care of his dog and supervised some work on his new garage.  Hubby planned to play with the boat, I was planning on sitting on his deck and reading or sewing or knitting all week but South Dakota weather had other plans.  It was cold, windy and rainy.  So I read the Dakota series books by Debbie Macomber, they went fast because there is so much repetition from the previous books, then I received a notice that Britt Marie was available so I read that book too.  I could relate to Britt Marie and her list making.  I used to write a lots of lists then when hubby retired he would add things to my list.  I quit writing so many lists or kept them out of sight and I suggested he write his own list. I also blanket stitched the first two blocks of my 1990's stash flower quilt. And I did some knitting.  

  1. In the Great Green Room by Amy Gary about Margaret Wise Brown of the children's books fame
  2. Spark Joy by Marie Kondo more on tidying, sorting, storing, and throwing away our unneeded possessions 
  3. Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D. Schmidt  Newberry award winner for book club
  4. Lisette's List by Susan Vreeland  another wonderful book about art and artists set in France between 1937 and 1948.
  5. At the Waters Edge by Sara Gruen  WWII and Loch Ness monster love story
  6. Dakota Born by Debbie Macomber 
  7. Dakota Home by Debbie Macomber
  8. BrittMarie Was Here by Fredrik Backman
  9. Always Dakota by Debbie Macomber
  10. Buffalo Valley by Debbie Macomber. 
    It was a relaxing week  I hope we do it again this summer when it is summer.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Your flower blocks are just too cute! So sorry the weather didn't cooperate with your plans. It has been an odd spring. Thanks for the book suggestions!

Judy S. said...

Love that flower block. Have you read the Blossom Street series by Debbie Macomber? We had about a week of sunshine and now are back to gray and cool.