Wednesday, December 19, 2018

On a quest

I was on a quest over the weekend to find the little smocked Christmas scene.  It was in a box the movers packed with a bunch of odd stuff.  Who would have thought to look there??  Earlier in the week I was on a quest to find the pine cone wreath that my Grandmother made 40 some years ago  I had new silk flowers and ribbon put on a few years ago then we moved a couple times and I didn't have a good place to display it so it stayed in the box.  Now it is on the inside of the front door and I like it there.  I hadn't seen the cross stitches that my mother did either from way back, the top is the original pattern the second she modified because I had two little boys who are all grown up now.  I did the smocked piece and gave it to my mother but I got it back when she passed a few years ago DD will get it eventually.  Sweet memories of the matriarchs.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I never thought to frame a smocked piece. It’s beautiful! I might have to pull out my smocking supplies. Beautiful wreath, too. It looks good for being made a few years ago!