Friday, March 15, 2019

Lady Bug Invasion

The Lady Bugs are coming..............
I'm making a doll quilt for a little girl whose favorite color is orange.  I didn't want the quilt to look like fall or Halloween, so Lady bug lady bug fly away home.  The original pattern had buttons sewn on for the spots.  I didn't want to sew 60 to 72 buttons on for spots and have a choking hazard for the little girl.  I tried the eyelet stitch on my machine too small,  I tried the satin stitch and turn the little black dots as I stitch too small to turn easily.  Try the satin stitch with the machine quilting foot!!!  Firmly attached dots, round enough and easy to maneuver and a new sharp needle made it so much easier.  Then I got a little goofy with my dots.  She can at least learn to count to five.
We had enough rain to glaze the snow so it can't blow but then we got a little more snow and lots more wind but not like some parts of the state and midwest.  Still warm and dry. --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh, this is going to be one cute quilt! I look forward to seeing your finish! Thank you for your comment on my blog. :)

Judy S. said...

That quilt will be adorable!