Monday, October 12, 2020

Off the needles



I went a little crazy at the yarn shop back in July and bought gobs of baby yarn for our much anticipated twins.  Those little side button cardigans were so much fun to knit but a little impractical for twins, it would take a lot of time to button 7 buttons on squirmy infants twice.  Zippers are the way to go for twins, zip and done.  I knit these little open front cardigans because skin to skin is what the baby experts are pushing now.



The baby experts are also stressing swaddling so I ripped the first little cardigans and used all of the yarn for the baby wraps.  I still have most of 2 balls of the white yarn but I can mix it with something gender specific when the babies are born.  Don't you love that about yarn you can rip and reknit until its right. We are hoping they make it into November for the birth but.................
--Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

You have been busy! I just love the knits for your twins. What pattern did you use for the open cardigans? I'd like to make one of those for my coming granddaughter. :) I'll say a prayer that your babies stay inside until November. :)