Monday, April 19, 2021

quilt top together

 


These blocks were so fast to sew together then to trim and sew them together again.  I used sashing between the blocks when I did this pattern months ago the sashing hides a mulititude of sins when I was trimming the blocks there are a lot of seams that don't line up straight.  It doesn't take much to distort the block when all the seams are on a bias.  I could drive myself crazy arranging these separating two blocks that are similar in color or print leads to a problem where the next block lands so this is the way they are.  Here's a link to the pattern.  Spring and winter are still duking it out here, one day its calm sunny and  almost warm then the north wind blows in again sometimes with a few snowflakes.  Good thing there is more fabric in the stash.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

This quilt is so fun! You should call it flash bang! I love the secondary pattern made with how you put the blocks together. Great finish!