Thursday, June 30, 2022

Hand Dyed


New project on the wall.  I pulled out all my hand dyed fabrics from almost 20 years ago with thoughts of another quilt.  I sorted the brightest fat quarters for that project and I was left staring at the pile of earthier colors. After looking through a couple books this wonky churn dash by Buggy Barn was the perfect choice. Begin by stacking the fabrics and tracing the pattern on freezer paper, pressing again and cutting..... its onto the sewing.  I'm just past half done with the blocks.  Happily sewing on these hot days.  --Ann--

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

like this a lot....the muted tones of the hand dyed give it a moody look....

Ramona said...

Another fun quilt is coming out of your sewing room. Did you enjoy hand dying fabric? I've never done that and am not sure if I would enjoy it or not.