Monday, June 5, 2023

A little travel.....

 



My Sister-in-law and I went on a trip to the Amalfi Coast of Italy with the alumni association of South Dakota State University.  There were 37 in the group and I knew the names of at least a third of them but didn't know them well.  We all got aquainted!! They were a fun bunch to travel with and everyone was on  time for all the departures.  The only negative to the trip was the rainy weather, I said pretend we are in Ireland then it rained hard so pretend we are in Scotland....... One day we all wore our blue SDSU t-shirts.  We stayed 4 night on the island of Ischia and took ferries to the islands of Capri and Procida then spent 3 nights in Sorrento.




Me and sil.  We ate lots of good food, really good food and wine and limoncello.  Pasta and pizza with fresh mozzarella and more wine.  Pastries for breakfast.....too much sugar for me, they did have yogurt, cheeses, coldcuts with lots of fresh breads.  And espresso and lattes and cappuccino.  Did I mention the food was wonderful?

Just wish we would have had more blue sky and sunshine.  It was a really fun trip and great travel  companions. An interesting observation of the group the first couple days people would ask would you take our picture then it was here let me take your picture.




I’m ready to go on another trip but haven’t made any plans.  Ann

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! Great photos!

Ramona said...

Oh how wonderful! I love Italy and would love to go back. Your pictures are beautiful.