Wednesday, August 2, 2023

37 years

  


No it’s not an anniversary but it is something to celebrate. It’s only been on my to do list for the last 18 years. Oh! That makes it a bucket list accomplishment.  I finally finished my middle child’s photo books! Yes he is 37 years old, the photos are no longer in boxes they are in books. I did fairly well at putting photos in books the first 4 years of his life then our third child was born and the photos just kept piling up. Oldest son’s photos were put in order for his high school graduation. I had a good start on second son’s for his graduation but then……maybe the sewing machine and quilts were calling me. I didn’t finish the photo books. We moved again another delay. After all these years and how many moves?!? Putting them in chronological order was impossible. I organized them by holidays and events and branches of the family. All his birthdays are together and I could put them in chronological order. First day of school was a two page spread, Easter, Halloween, sports, buddies, Christmas and more. A whole book of just hunting and fishing. It’s finished!!!!  DD’s photo books were compiled before her high school graduation 12+ years ago while we were in a rental and most of my stuff was in storage. I’m done scrapbooking for my kids. No more feeling guilty. Ann




2 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow! That is an accomplishment! I'm sure he is thrilled to have his photos in books. I have a box of photos under my bed from when we moved. Maybe I should get those out and see what I can do. Quilting does seem to win when it comes to taking up time, though.

Judy S. said...

Nice work!