Friday, March 8, 2024

On the needles


 Just a new stocking cap on the needles. I found the pattern Churchill Avenue at the lys by a local knitter and is available on ravelry. I’m using an alpaca yarn called Tinkerbelle named for a pretty white alpaca.  The producer names all of her yarns after the animal who grew the fleece. Alpaca yarn is soft and silky, no itchy ears under this stocking cap when it is finished. The blue and yellow yarn is by Yarn Love from Simply Sock yarn company I bought 2 skeins one for the cowl and the second because it was blue and yellow and I can never stash enough blue and yellow yarn. My math skills were not such that I could get the colors to pool on a stocking cap so I’m knitting this stocking cap and should have enough yarn for mittens too. The snow comes and goes the cold wind blows.  Ann


1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Fun projects! Nice colors, too.