Friday, November 28, 2014

On and Off the Needles

 Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My pop out thermometer popped out before the turkey was done so it had to go back in the oven so everyone poured another glass of wine and I forgot to cook the asparagus. Judging from the leftovers it wasn't missed. I did get to sit down and relax later and knit an inch on the socks. Reading mitts are done and that is all the yarn I had left from a 142 yard ball. I cast on 56 stitches and knit from both ends, when I had about 30 yards left I unwound the rest of the yarn and cut it so I could knit the thumbs then finished the finger opening and I was out of yarn! No leftovers!!! Linking to Judy's OTN --Ann--

3 comments:

Ramona said...

That's awesome that you knew just how much yarn you needed! Your mitts look great. Love your sock pattern.

Judy S. said...

That's a very nice sock pattern! nice colors also. Great that you were able to finish the mitts! They are pretty.

Dar said...

Your socks look good. Love the stitches on them. How lucky that you had enough for the mittens. Good use of your yarn.