Monday, November 6, 2017

Sewing time

Some much needed time in my sewing room and what a feeling of  power to put my foot to the pedal and free motion machine quilt.  This quilt is Dolly's Eclipse since Dolly Jean was born August 21, the day of the solar eclipse.  With a name like that and being born on a special day the quilt had to reflect those important events.  I had a fat quarter of a paper doll print, I chose fabrics from the doll dresses then the one dark blue star popped out as the moon crossing the sun and all the yellow stars surrounded the moon.  I tried to further convey that event by quilting the moon with circles and the yellow with sun rays.  I need to get the label sewn as it goes to its new home this weekend.  --Ann--



1 comment:

Ramona said...

Such a clever way to quilt this adorable quilt! Could you show a photo of the entire quilt? It's beautiful.