Thursday, November 2, 2017

knitting

 The weather changed last week from go for a walk in shirt sleeves to wishing I had worn my down coat to go to the basketball game.   The wind came from the northwest as it usually does in late fall and early winter and blew for two days then took a breath and blew some more, the last of the leaves let go of their trees.  I got the wool sweaters off the top shelf and moved them to the lower shelves then put one on and a different sweater everyday since.  The summer shoes were tucked away and replaced with wool slippers.
I bought the blue yarn thinking I would knit a wrap then I bought a bright blue wrap in Venice so do I need two bright blue wraps...........what do I do with the yarn?  Start a sweater then buy another hank of yarn because I need three for the sweater and do it quick before they sell out. Whew I got the second to last hank and they all match.  I have knit the pattern before and love the way it fits.  DD didn't think it would be weird if I knit it a third time as long as it was a different color.  How many turtle necks have I had all from the same mail order catalog and been upset when they change the fit or the neck?  The sweater is progressing rapidly, its too cold to go for a walk so I knit.
Then panic......... its November and I need to get a couple more pairs of socks knit for Christmas gifts.   The sweater may be set aside for a bit.
It does no good here to whine about the cold weather so I  might as well enjoy the knitting time.  --Ann--


1 comment:

Sharon said...

That is such a cheery bright blue. And since you aren't wearing both sweaters together, few would notice. I have been wearing the same brand same look of jeans for a few years now. I don't have to think about about what to wear and don't need as many pair.