Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Sunnier days

I get more done on gloomy days it must be because I never tire of the color blue and the sky is so big and so blue.  Our fall is not so pretty as other years, the trees are not as colorful, these pics are from 2 years ago when the colors were magnificent.  Why is that?  Is is because we had an early freeze? Two weeks of dreary skies and rain? Not enough sunlight to photosynthesize the leaves? Or whatever they taught us in middle school science.  Anyway I have been auditioning fabrics for the next round of triangles for the star quilt, again my choices are determined by how much I have of a particular fabric.  I'm sad that I have used up so many of the fabrics I let my daughter choose when I was fabric shopping 20 some years ago.  She always picked the brightest and boldest colors and prints.  I would choose some connector fabrics to tie them together because our eyes need a place to rest after seeing so much color and activity like the blue sky.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

These blocks are just gorgeous. So bright and happy! Our trees aren’t giving the first hint of changing. I think it’s because it’s been in the 80’s until a few days ago.