Thursday, May 23, 2019

March 84th

 From a distance and in a photo these blocks look like there is alot of brown but the fabrics are blacks and reds with some green, oranges and golds thrown in because I had them.  Now to work on something else for a couple days while I rearrange the blocks and think about the border.  Maybe a 3 inch strip of black with a row of strip segments or a 1 1/2 inch black border then offset the strip segments and do 2 rounds of the squares.  Now I'm wishing I didn't cut all those strip sets into 3 inch square segments, I could have had a nice piano key border which is always a great finish to a scrappy quilt.  oh well................this will work.  Still turning up the furnace every morning and putting on the wool socks. --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

This is really looking good! I may have to make one myself. I like the black border with the strip of squares.