Tuesday, November 5, 2019

knitting cables


Hubby went hunting for the weekend plus a couple days so it was a long weekend of knitting for me.  First I listened to the sound track of Hamilton again.  What did I miss was going through my head while trying to figure out the instruction for  Ellington  by Jennifer Wood, the raglan sleeve is constructed different than other raglan sleeves I have knit,  but after a couple emails to the designer which were promptly answered I was on the right on track. Then it was no one else was in the room where it happened. How about the row where it happened place a new marker, increase here increase there.....  It is progressing marvelously. There are lots of markers for the stitch patterns and the sleeve and body increases, I added the chain marker for the rows between the cable twists and a double marker for the beginning of the row, and how many times did I check that half way around??? if the red is on the needle its an increase row and if the brass is on the needle its a knit in pattern row, no increases.  It didn't take long to memorize the pattern just like the designer said and it is knitting fast. Then my brain would switch to auto knit as I was watching yet another Christmas movie and the next time around I would notice that I missed a knit through the back loop because I did a p1, k1, p1 instead then it was time to switch to knitting socks where I really was knitting ribbing.
Second pair of Christmas socks for the Christmas socks are done and continuing on the pair that I have been working on all summer in the sunroom which seems like a very long time ago. Plain old stockinette stitch for the next time my brain goes into auto knit.


The ribbing pattern seemed rather random until I got to the stitch patterns and I saw how the ribbing flows into the pattern and is absolutely brilliant.  Don't know what happened to the color of the last pic, the yarn is a burgandy red.  If I keep this pace up I'll be wearing it for Thanksgiving, the plan was for Christmas.  Grey days, chilly temps and wind and a few snowflakes, its a good day to knit some more.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

I love cables and enjoy knitting them. Your sweater is going to be gorgeous! A nice warm one for winter. Loved your comment on my blog. I won’t send scraps or sequins unless you ask. 😊